Denmark Open Badminton Highlights – Lakshya Sen defeats HS Prannoy: Lakshya Sen has entered the quarterfinals of the Denmark Open as he defeated compatriot HS Prannoy in straight games in the second round of the tournament on Thursday. Lakshya is now the only remaining Indian in singles in the tournament. Earlier in the day Kidambi Srikanth has bowed out from the second round as he faced 13-21, 15-21 defeat against Loh Kean Yew. India’s men’s doubles pair Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty also made it to the quarterfinals. Follow Denmark Open 2022 LIVE updates on InsideSport.IN
Satwik & Chirag shocked current All England Open champions Muhammad Fikri and Bagas Maulana of Indonesia earlier in the day. India’s Women’s doubles pair Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand faced straight set defeat against Thailand’s Jongkolphan Kititharakul and Rawinda Prajongjai in the second round. India’s Mixed Doubles pair Tanisha Crasto and Ishaan Bhatnagar too bowed out of the tournament.
Indians at Denmark Open LIVE
- Kidambi Srikanth LOSES TO Loh Kean Yew – 13-21, 15-21
- Lakshya Sen BEAT HS Prannoy – 21-9, 21-18
- Chirag Shetty / Satwikrairaj Rankireddy BEAT Muhammad Fikri /Bagas Maulana – 21-14, 21-16
- Ishaan Bhatnagar / Tanisha Castro LOSE TO Y Watanabe / A Higashino – 16-21, 10-21
- Gayathri Gopichand / Treesha Jolly LOSE TO J Kititharakul / R Prajongpai – 21-23, 13-21
- Denmark Open Badminton Highlights: Lakshya Sen advances to quarterfinal, clinches win against HS Prannoy, Loh Kean Yew defeats Kidambi Srikanth in straight games in second round: Check Highlights
- Kidambi Srikanth started the contest on a positive note as he took four successive points serving first in the contest. Loh Kean Yew slowly made a comeback into the contest. Kean Yew took the lead when the scores were 10-9. He entered the break with the scores at 11-9 after he won four successive points on the trot. In the second half of the first game too the Singaporean maintained his lead and clinched it 21-13.
- In the second game right from the start Kean Yew took complete control as he raced to a 5-1 lead quickly. He allowed just two more points to Srikanth as he went into the break with a 11-3 lead. The Indian tried hard to make a comeback but it was too late. He managed to reduce the deficit to just four points as he trailed 15-17 towards the end but Kean Yew managed to win the next four successive points to clinch a straight game victory and advanced to quarterfinals.
Prannoy vs Lakshya Sen
Lakshya Sen began the contest on a strong note as he started collecting points at will against his friend and compatriot and entered the break with a 11-3 lead in the first game. The 20-year old continued his dominance against Prannoy as he soon grabbed the first game 21-9. In the second game, Prannoy tried to make a comeback as right from the start it became a neck-to-neck battle. Lakshya Sen managed to taka a narrow 11-10 lead to enter the break. When play resumed after the break the same intensity continued until Lakshya took lead after 17-17 and went on to close the contest 21-18. This was Sen’s third win in five meetings against Prannoy.
Denmark Open Badminton Highlights: Lakshya Sen defeats Prannoy, Loh Kean Yew defeats Kidambi Srikanth in straight games in second round: Check Highlights
How do I watch the live streaming of Denmark Open 2022?
The Denmark Open 2022 will be telecast live on the Sports18 TV channel in India. Live streaming of Denmark Open 2022 will also be live-streamed on the Voot platform and select matches will be available on the BWF YouTube channel.