For those who didn’t update and wait, Jailbreak 9.00 was recently released, with this new JB you can update PS4 via USB to version 9.00 and use it, new games and updates are being released by Scene and P2P.
REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- PS4 on version 9.00 or earlier (above version 9.00 it will not be possible to unlock.)
- Pen drive
- Basic computer skills
- Extract the exfathax.img file and using Rufus run the image to install it on the Pendrive.
01ST STEP (ONLY FOR THOSE WITH THE VERSION BEFORE 9.00)
- If you are on version 9.00 skip this step and go to STEP 02.
- On the Pendrive, format it to FAT32 and create a folder with the name PS4 and inside another one with the name UPDATE (It has to be capitalized)
- Copy the Update into the “ UPDATE ” folder and edit its name to “ PS4UPDATE.PUP ”
- Start your PS4 in safe mode, just hold the power button until you hear the second beep.
- Select the option “ Update system software ” and then “ Update with USB storage device ” and finally OK , remember to leave the Pendrive plugged in so as not to damage the system while updating.
- Configure your PS4’s internet so that it doesn’t update.
- In the internet settings choose Custom mode, to change the DNS address, go ahead choosing the default options until reaching DNS, in it we will use the Manual, put the following addresses.
- Primary: 192,241,221.79
- Secondary: 165,227,83,145
- You can go ahead, you will see an error saying that this could not be connected because DNS blocks Sony accesses, don’t worry
- Access the PS4 Browser and go to the following address: nightkinghost.com
- In this screen you will see at the end of it the GoldHen for version 9.00 “ 9.00 FW Auto Exploit + Gold Hen v2.0b ”
- Click on the button that contains this option and wait.
- A screen with an error will appear, mentioning “ Insert USB now. Do not… ” at this time you must insert the Pendrive into the PS4, do not press anything on the controller, wait for you to see another error mentioning that the pendrive is in an unrecognizable format, only after that you must OK the error.
- You will see in the upper left corner of the screen GoldHEN v2.0b loaded! That means Jailbreak worked.
PS4 jailbreak lets you play at 60 FPS with firmware 9.00 in stable version
PS4 Unlock can be performed on consoles updated until September 2021 and allows installation of homebrews, trainers and performance patches
The PS4 jailbreak stably reached console firmware 9.00 last week. From now on, users who haven’t updated the video game since September of this year can unlock the system to install homebrews, trainers and patches that allow certain games to run at 60 frames per second, even on the most basic model of the PS4.
Prior to this latest update, jailbreaking PS4 was only possible on consoles with firmware up to version 7.55, August 2020. Even then, jailbreaking was unstable and could result in issues. Therefore, it was recommended to stick to an even older system: 5.05, released four years ago, in January 2018.
With the new update, users who have a PS4 version 9.00 — made available by Sony in September this year — can jailbreak the console. We are not going to teach you how to unlock the video game, but we can show you some features that are released in the process.
PS4 Jailbreak Releases Homebrews, Trainers, and Mods
The main advantage of unlocking a PS4 is being able to install mods and trainers in games. Mods are any modifications made to the application’s settings or files. This allows, for example, to run certain games on the most basic model of the console at 60 frames per second, even if they are limited to 30 FPS, such as Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Bloodborne .
However, for this to happen, the PS4 must decrease the quality of the game’s rendering, harming the visuals. In a YouTube video posted by the Modern Vintage Gamer channel , you can see that Final Fantasy 7 Remake downgrades the resolution from 1080p to 720p in order to keep performance in the 60 FPS range. This limitation is less visible on the PS4 Pro, which has more graphics processing power.
Another interesting feature is the possibility to use trainers in games. On PC, trainers are known to enable “cheats” like infinite life, invincibility, money generators, among others. These cheats are activated via a web browser directly from the console, but cannot be used in online multiplayer modes.
Finally, the PS4 jailbreak also allows users to install homebrew on the console. Among the available applications are testing tools, custom themes and even emulators for other video games, including the popular RetroArch.