The joy and pleasure of purchasing new earbuds can be overwhelming, especially when you are buying them for the first time. Immediately after buying, you surely want to connect with them and enjoy your favorite music. They let you experience the minute details of the music that you have never experienced before. This is what makes earbuds special. The market is replete with plenty of brands that come up with numerous headphones and earbuds. Among these brands and products, Skullcandy is preferred by customers. In this article, the specific question that we will discuss is whether Skullcandy earbuds come pre-charged. A simple answer to this question is yes. These pairs come pre-charged just like many other earphones. Being pre-charged helps you test its functions and begin to enjoy the music even before you charge them. Read this article if you want to know more about Skullcandy earbuds.
Checking the Battery Level of the Skullcandy Headphones
The battery life is one of the most important things when it comes to using wireless earbuds. It determines how long you can use it in one charge. Since you want to use them for longer periods without any interruption, you must know about their battery level. In the following section, you will come across some tips that help you know the battery level of Skullcandy earphones.
- Hold and press the power button: As the first thing, hold and press the power button for a few seconds if you want to check the battery level of your Skullcandy pair. Press it until the LED light flashes. You can do this even when the earphone is off.
- Checking LED Light Indicator: Once the LED light indicator flashes, check the number of white lights. If the indicator shows 4 white lights, that means the battery is on 100%. Likewise, if it does display 3 lights, your battery is 75%. The battery is 50% in case it shows 2 white lights and 1 white light indicates 25% battery of your headphones. However, if it displays 1 red light that means your battery is 5% and you need to charge your earphones.
For How Long Does Skullcandy Earphone Battery Last?
Many users want to know about the battery life of their earbuds before they buy them. Because everyone wants to purchase a pair that lasts for a longer period of time and don’t experience any interruption due to a depleted battery. As far as the battery of Skullcandy headphones is concerned, it lasts up to 24 hours of use. With this duration, you can enjoy streaming multimedia or music for a longer duration. However, you can further enhance the battery life of your pair by lowering the volume of music or using the aux cord.
Does Skullcandy Earbuds Work When not Charged?
The Skullcandy headphones are wireless devices that you need to connect with a Bluetooth device. However, you must charge them before you connect them to other devices via Bluetooth or pair Skullcandy headphone. But you can use these pairs when their battery life is completely dried up. For this, what you need is a compatible aux cord. If you want to use your headphone when they are not charged, read the section below.
- Get an Aux Cord: An aux cord helps you use the pair when its battery is depleted. However, the connected aux cord must be 3.5mm.
- Connect with a Device: You must connect one side of the aux cord to the port in the device you want to use it with. Before this, you must ensure the cord is tightly fixed on both ends.
- Enjoy the Music: Now you can play your favorite music on your device and enjoy it.
Effects of Connecting an Aux Cord
In the following section, we will list down some of the effects of connecting Skullcandy earbuds with an aux cord.
- Restriction: The aux cord comes with a maximum length. But when you connect it to the Skullcandy earphones, you surely restrict your movement. Unlike the wireless connection via Bluetooth, you are unable to move your earphones away from the device beyond the limit of the aux cord.
- Sound Quality: The length of the aux cord also impacts the sound quality. You may experience a reduction in the quality of the sound depending on the length of the aux cord. The longer the length of the cord, the poorer sound quality you will experience.
Unwanted Noise: You may also hear unwanted noise such as a crack noise when you move and there is a shift in the contact of the cord.
- Additional Expenses: You have to purchase a cord if you don’t have one and want to connect the Skullcandy earbuds. In addition to this, you need to buy a new one in case it gets damaged. So, you have to bear additional expenses.