If you’re a first-time parent, put your fear aside and focus on what your baby needs. In the initial period, any illness needs immediate attention. A newborn’s skin is sensitive and dry, which causes a baby rash and itches all the time.
Going home with a new baby is exciting, but it can be scary too. Newborns have many needs, like frequent feedings and diaper changes, and babies can have health issues different from older children and adults, like diaper rash and cradle caps.
Basic Care Tips for Newborn at Home
- Wash your hands (or use a hand sanitiser) before handling your baby. Newborns don’t have a robust immune system yet, so they’re at risk for infection. Make sure that everyone who handles your baby has clean hands.
- Support your baby’s head and neck. Cradle the head when carrying your baby and support the head when carrying the baby upright or when you lay your baby down.
- Ensure your baby is securely fastened into the carrier, stroller, or car seat. Limit any activity that could be too rough or bouncy.
- Remember that your newborn is not ready for rough play, such as being jiggled on the knee or thrown in the air.
What to Do for Baby Skincare?
Doctors always suggest to the newborn’s parents not to apply any harmful product to the baby’s skin, as it may harm your infant’s skin and cause allergies.
Especially in the first month, you must be very careful with your infant. In this period, newborn massage oil is the best way to prevent skin problems like skin rash or diaper rash.
It is common to find rashes in babies. Oil massage on the affected helps infants to feel relief and calm.
Massage has plenty of benefits for babies as well as for parents. It helps to improve the emotional and love bonding between baby and parents without saying a single word.
India’s tradition is to provide a baby with two-time regular massages in a day. It helps to calm your baby & delivers a sense of relaxation.
Which Oil is Suitable for Baby Massage?
According to clinical research, sweet almond oil, black sesame oil, organic olive oil, and cold-pressed coconut oil are safe for babies.
For baby skin protection, coconut oil is the most recommended oil for infants and adults. Coconut newborn massage oil has many benefits. Let’s check out below:
- Massaging with coconut oil keeps your baby’s skin well moisturized.
- Massaging the baby with coconut oil helps with Eczema.
- Helps to treat cradle cap
- Massaging a baby with coconut oil helps with baby acne.
- Baby massage boost blood circulation
- Coconut oil massage prevents insect bites.
- Coconut oil is a perfect body cleanser.
- It acts as a natural sunscreen.
- Helps to treat baby-chapped lips
The Bottom Line
If your baby has sensitive skin, you should use natural products designed for sensitive skin. You can also talk to your baby’s doctor about what oil is best for your baby’s skin(coconut oil is most recommended). Various oils can be used for baby skin, but the right one is important, and coconut oil is best for newborn skin care. At Little Rituals, you will get 100% organic cold-pressed coconut oil.