Denver @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Denver 2-3; Los Angeles 3-2
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Los Angeles Chargers are heading back home. Los Angeles and the Denver Broncos will face off in an AFC West battle at 8:15 p.m. ET on Monday at SoFi Stadium. The teams split their matchups last year, with Denver winning the first 28-13 at home and the Chargers taking the second 34-13.
Los Angeles came out on top in a nail-biter against the Cleveland Browns this past Sunday, sneaking past 30-28. Los Angeles’ RB Austin Ekeler was on fire, rushing for one TD and 173 yards on 16 carries in addition to snatching one receiving TD. That nimble footwork stands out as the first time Ekeler has hit the 100-yard rushing mark this season.
Special teams collected 12 points for Los Angeles. K Taylor Bertolet delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Speaking of close games: the Broncos fought the good fight in their overtime game against the Indianapolis Colts last week but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 12-9. The loss was just more heartbreak for Denver, who fell 15-13 when the teams previously met in October of 2019. One thing holding Denver back was the mediocre play of QB Russell Wilson, who did not have his best game: besides failing to produce a single touchdown, he threw two interceptions.
Special teams was responsible for all of the team’s points. K Brandon McManus delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Los Angeles is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (3-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Los Angeles’ victory brought them up to 3-2 while Denver’s defeat pulled them down to a reciprocal 2-3. The Chargers are 1-1 after wins this season, and the Broncos are 1-1 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium — Inglewood, California
- TV: ESPN Deportes
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Chargers are a 5-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest NFL odds.
Denver have won nine out of their last 14 games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 02, 2022 – Los Angeles 34 vs. Denver 13
- Nov 28, 2021 – Denver 28 vs. Los Angeles 13
- Dec 27, 2020 – Los Angeles 19 vs. Denver 16
- Nov 01, 2020 – Denver 31 vs. Los Angeles 30
- Dec 01, 2019 – Denver 23 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Oct 06, 2019 – Denver 20 vs. Los Angeles 13
- Dec 30, 2018 – Los Angeles 23 vs. Denver 9
- Nov 18, 2018 – Denver 23 vs. Los Angeles 22
- Oct 22, 2017 – Los Angeles 21 vs. Denver 0
- Sep 11, 2017 – Denver 24 vs. Los Angeles 21
- Oct 30, 2016 – Denver 27 vs. Los Angeles 19
- Oct 13, 2016 – Los Angeles 21 vs. Denver 13
- Jan 03, 2016 – Denver 27 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Dec 06, 2015 – Denver 17 vs. Los Angeles 3