A program run by the Transportation Security Administration is known as TSA pre-check. This program allows eligible travelers to go through a quick security screening check. This program is in the United States and if you want to know more information about it then we are here with this guide. In this guide, you will know all the necessary and detailed information about TSA pre-check and know how to add a TSA pre-check number to American Airlines. Without wasting any more time let’s begin…
What is a TSA pre-check?
TSA pre-check is the name of a program run by the Transportation Security Administration. Travelers who meet the eligibility requirements can undergo a brief security screening through this program. If you want to apply for this then there are some things that you need to know beforehand and you will get to know about them in the later part of the guide.
How to add your TSA pre-check number to American Airlines?
First, I will tell you the easiest way to add TSA precheck number to an American Airlines ticket: –
- To initiate with, update your AAdvantage profile with your number
- Log in to your account by entering all your login credentials
- Select the Information and password option
- Follow the instructions on your screen
- Now, go to Secure traveler
- Enter your pre-check number in the known traveler number section
- That’s all
For new bookings
In the booking process, American Airlines lets travelers add their TSA pre-check number. Once you have chosen your flight date and time then you have to enter your passenger’s details, if you are not logged out from your account. However, if you are logged out then you have to enter your pre-check number manually in the known traveler number section.
For existing reservations
For the following steps: –
- Open google flight and go to your account
- Enter login credentials
- Press Manage trip for each reservation
- Press Add/Edit Passenger Information
- Now, add your TSA pre-check number and you are done
You can also call and tell American Airlines to update your information but the self-service updating process is much quicker.
Things you need to know before applying for a TSA paycheck membership
- To apply for it, first, you have to pay some amount of fee.
- Once you get approved then you will get a Known traveler number.
- You must be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, and he should also be a permanent resident of the United States.
- You also need to pass the background check and give your fingerprints.
- Once you are a member, TSA will allow you to keep your shoes, jacket, and belt on and can have some liquids in your carry bags.
- This TSA pre-check program is available at more than 200 airports in the united states.
I hope you like this guide. We have provided you with every detailed information. Do share it with other people and read more optimized content stay tuned to our page. Till then, bye-bye, take care!
Also, Read This: Top 5 Sushi Restaurants That are Famous for Its Traditional Taste