X-Ray Detectors Market to Reach US$6.1 bn by 2031, driven by growth in demand for X-ray detectors in imaging centers globally: Global Insight Services
New York, July 2022: According to a new research study by Global Insight Services (GIS), the global X-ray detectors market is expected to grow rapidly over the next 10 years to reach a value of more than the US $6.1 billion by 2031.
An X-ray detector is an electronic device that detects radiation of X-ray or gamma ray for imaging purposes. X-ray imaging is an important technique useful to detect various chronic disorders including tumor. X-ray imaging is utilized in a variety of applications, including medical, veterinary, industrial, dentistry and security among others all employ X-ray imaging technologies. Also useful in mammography, radiography, radiographic chest scans, and many other sophisticated imaging procedures in the medical sector.
Request Sample Pages of this Research Report: https://www.globalinsightservices.com/request-sample/GIS10387/
X-Ray Detectors Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Growing demand for advanced diagnostics treatment for cancer disorders in developed countries is anticipated to supplement the market growth. Early disease diagnosis facilitates early diagnosis and treatment, which inhibits the spread of the disease. For instance, early detection of diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, breast cancer, coronary heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease can greatly aid in medication and treatment efforts. As a result, rising demand for early-stage diagnosis of any disease condition using imaging technologies including X-ray detectors and CT scanners is anticipated to fuel the market growth. Additionally, rising investments in advancing healthcare facilities & digital imaging technologies, increasing demand for early diagnosis and wide clinical applications of X-ray detectors. Furthermore, due to increased research and initiatives to develop advanced products, the clinical applications of X-ray detectors are expanding.
Further, the rising the geriatric population and cancer patients worldwide have pressurized the healthcare sector to install better imaging x-ray technologies with capabilities to carry out quick and highly accurate imaging. Also, there has been an increase in the investments to advance healthcare facilities and digital imaging technologies amongst the developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, Austria, and the UK among others. In addition, the need for advanced equipment is expected to augment the X-ray detectors market growth.
X-ray Detectors Market: Restraints & Challenges
A dearth of skilled and qualified labor is one of the factors expected to hamper the global x-ray detectors market development. In addition, the other major factor impeding the global x-ray detectors market growth is the high initial and maintenance cost of these equipment. The cost is high mainly due to the complexity of the system. In addition, health risks of full-body scanning is anticipated to hamper the market growth. Similarly, lack of awareness regarding animal healthcare in developing economies countries along with rising acceptance of refurbished X-ray units may restrain the market growth over the analysis timeframe.
X-ray Detectors Market Report Findings https://www.globalinsightservices.com/reports/x-ray-detectors-market/
The charge-coupled device detectors segment is likely to hold a dominant X-ray detectors market share and grow at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period.
Based on type, the global X-ray detectors market has been bifurcated into flat-panel detectors (FPDs), computed radiography detectors, line-scan detectors, and charge-coupled device detectors. In 2021, the computed radiography detectors segment was the significant revenue generator and it is anticipated to grow at the fastest growth rate during the study period. CCD is a major technology widely used in digital imaging. The factor such as low cost of CCD base image sensors coupled with CCD based image sensors perform well in low light will boost the segmental growth. This is attributed to high performance and capability to perform efficiently in all working environments.
The dental segment is anticipated to hold a majority of the X-ray detectors market size throughout the study period.
Based on application, the market is fragmented into medical, dental, security, veterinary, and industrial. In 2021, the dental segment generated the highest revenue, and it is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate during the study period. The rising adoption of dental implants, growing affordability of imaging systems, increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry, and the need for rapid and accurate diagnosis are the other major factors drive the dental segment growth.
The imaging center segment is anticipated to hold a majority of the X-ray detectors market size throughout the study period.
Based on end-use, it is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, imaging centers and others. The imaging centers segment is likely to dominate the X-ray detectors market during the forecast period. The growing adoption of x-ray detectors ambulatory surgery centers in coupled with presence of advanced imaging technologies, and cost effective treatment are boosting the growth of the market.
The Asia-Pacific region is estimated to exhibit the highest growth rate during the X-ray detectors market forecast period.
Region-wise, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America accounts for the largest market share in the X-ray detectors market and is forecasted to register the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2031. Factors such as rapid development geriatric population along with development in the healthcare infrastructure, along with the growing demand for effective imaging technologies in the emerging economies are anticipated to propel the growth of the X-ray detectors market. Further, rising incidence of chronic disorders coupled with increasing number of hospitals in the Asia-Pacific, especially in China, is driving the growth of the market. Throughout the study period, prominent players are anticipated to witness remunerative opportunities in several nations of the Middle East and Africa. This is attributed to the growing demand from firefighting departments in these regions.
In addition, major vendors are focused on developing smarter technologies for X-ray detectors. For instance, in January 2020, Konica Minlota launched Aero DR NS flat panel detector. The product NS combined with the all-in-one solution ImagePilot console. This economically attractive detector is an excellent alternative for analog or CR users looking to speed up their diagnostics.
Recent Developments in the X-ray Detectors Market:
- In March 2022, Konica Minolta launched AeroDR 3 1417HL a lightweight cassette-type digital x-ray system for High-resolution images at low dose rate.
- In February 2022, Carestream introduced advanced digital radiology solution such as DRX Compass. This is accurate, convenient & configurable digital radiology solution designed to provide radiologists with a whole new level of efficiency.
- In May, 2021, Fujifilm partners with Qure.ai to make intelligent X-ray solutions.
- In March 2021, Fujifilm India Private Limited, launched portable X-ray device such as PORTABLE X-RAY UNIT FDR Xair XD2000 (hereafter, “FDR Xair”). This device can easily be used in environments where space and resources are limited, providing quick and easy access to diagnostic imaging.
X-ray Detectors Market Report Coverage
- The report offers a comprehensive quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of the current global X-ray detectors market outlook and estimations from 2021 to 2031, which helps to recognize the prevalent opportunities.
- A thorough analysis of market trends and restraints is provided.
- Region-wise, as well as country-wise conditions, are broadly evaluated in this report.
- The forecasts in this report are made by examining the recent trends along with future X-ray detectors market potential from 2021 to 2031 in terms of revenue.
- Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, COVID-19 impact analysis, Russia-Ukraine war impact, and PESTLE analysis of the X-ray detectors market are also analyzed.
- Major players in the market are profiled in this report and their key developmental strategies are studied in detail. This will provide an insight into the competitive landscape of the global X-ray detectors industry.
Global X-ray Detectors Market Segments
- Flat-Panel Detectors (FPDs)
- Computed Radiography Detectors
- Line-Scan Detectors
- Charge-Coupled Device Detectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers/Clinics
- Imaging Centers
- North America
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- The Middle East
Key Players Profiled in the Report
- Varex Imaging Corporation (US)
- Thales Group (France)
- Canon (Japan)
- Agfa-Gevaert Group (Belgium)
- FUJIFILM Corporation (Japan)
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan)
- Analogic Corporation (US)
- Carestream Health (US)
- Detection Technology Plc. (Finland)
- Konica Minolta, Inc. (Japan)
- MOXTEK, Inc. (US)
- Teledyne Digital Imaging Inc. (Canada)
- JPI Healthcare. Co. Ltd. (South Korea)
- iRay Technology (China)
- Vieworks Co., Ltd. (South Korea)