The 2022 Home Nations series kicks off with the Northern Ireland Open, with snooker’s top players set to battle it out for the Alex Higgins trophy.
Three-time champion Judd Trump will be hoping to reclaim the title he vacated in 2021, while Ronnie O’Sullivan, Neil Robertson, Mark Selby and John Higgins also have their eyes on the top prize.
The 2021 Northern Ireland Open was a thriller, capped with Mark Allen roaring back from 8-6 behind in the final to stun John Higgins 9-8 and clinch his first title on home soil.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT AT THE 2022 NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN?
As is the case for all of the Home Nations events, the matches will be best of seven frames up to and including the fourth round.
The quarter-finals will be best of nine frames, the semi-finals best of 11 frames and the final will be best of 17.
What is the Northern Ireland 2022 schedule? (UK time)
- Sunday October 16: Three sessions at 10:00, 13:00 and 19:00 – Held-over Round 1 matches
- Monday October 17: Three sessions at 10:00, 13:00 and 19:00 – Held-over Round 1 matches and Round 2
- Tuesday October 18: Three sessions at 10:00, 13:00 and 19:00 – Round 2
- Wednesday October 19: Three sessions at 10:00, 13:00 and 19:00 – Round 2 and 3
- Thursday October 20: Three sessions at 10:00, 13:00 and 19:00 – Round 3 and 4
- Friday October 21: Two sessions at 12:00 and 19:00 – Two quarter-finals in the afternoon and two in the evening
- Saturday October 22: Semi-final 1 at 13:00 and Semi-final 2 at 19:00
- Sunday October 23: Final held across two sessions at 13:00 and 19:00
HOW TO WATCH THE 2022 NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN?
In the UK and across Europe, the Northern Ireland Open will be shown live and exclusive on Eurosport, Eurosport’s digital platforms and discovery+. You can watch every shot ad-free on discovery+.
Jimmy White, Alan McManus and Neal Foulds are among the pundits who will provide analysis before, during and after the afternoon and evening sessions.
Daily reports and news will be published online at eurosport.co.uk.
Thursday October 20
- Lyu Haotian 3-3 Daniel Wells
- Luca Brecel 4-3 Pang Junxu
- Anthony McGill 4-3 Yan Bingtao
- Zhou Yuelong v Shaun Murphy
- Robert Milkins v John Higgins
- Tian Pengfei v David Grace
- Neil Robertson v Li Hang
- Michael White v Mark Selby-
- Tom Ford v David Gilbert
- Mark Allen v Xiao Guodong
- Stephen Maguire v Mark Williams
- Haiotan / Wells v Brecel
- Yuelong / Murphy v Milkins / Higgins
- McGill v Pengfei / Grace
– – –
The Home Nations series returns with the Northern Ireland Open live and exclusive on discovery+. You can also watch Seventh Heaven, a two-part show about Ronnie O’Sullivan’s historic World Championship win last season, on discovery+.