Today we have more variety in food to eat as compared to the early years. Everyone tries different food types and enjoys them but do you know that what we eat can also trigger our stress levels?
It is not a joke but a reality so in this article you get a chance to learn about the best food used to reduce stress. It is already known by you that the food we eat has different vitamins and minerals and they do not make the body healthy but some foods contribute to maintaining stress hormones.
The Best Food used to reduce stress
I have made a list of food items that you should eat and drink.
- Warm milk : Ever since human beings were introduced to milk, people have been drinking warm milk at night. Drinking warm milk before going to bed is the best option to relax your mind and body. It contains calcium which makes our bones strong. Having warm milk has a great effect on reducing stress and depression.
- High fiber food: Food items that have high fiber help in reducing stress, depression, and anxiety. To control the stress level some of the food that you should eat are beans, almonds, sesame seeds, bunches of greens, berries, green peas, broccoli, and flaxseed.
- Nuts: Eating nuts daily will give you vitamin B and they are also high in magnesium. Those who eat food that contains magnesium are beneficial because it helps in moderating and controlling anxiety levels and keeps them calm.
- Whole grains: Whole grains have carbohydrates in them that increase the level of serotonin in the body. The increasing level of serotonin is temporary but it is responsible for changing your mood. It boosts your mood and reduces stress. Taking carbohydrates in a good amount can be beneficial for you in many ways but avoid eating cakes, and cookies and eat sweet potatoes instead.
- Citrus fruits and strawberries: Citrus fruits have vitamin C in them and it helps to fight stress. Fruits like grapes, oranges, and strawberries will help you a lot in controlling your stress level and anxiety disorder.
- Herbal tea : Drinking herbal tea is one of the best ways to keep yourself relaxed and calm. It instantly reduces your stress and anxiety level. Drink herbal tea once a day and reduce stress.
Summing up :These are the five types of foods to reduce stress because food is not only about eating to fill up our hungry tummy. Bye.