Traditional face-to-face consultations in medicine have been replaced by technology-supported Virtual Consultations and Online Doctors as a result of COVID-19. Telemedicine is demonstrating its ability to improve patient access to care while reducing the risk of Coronavirus transmission among patients, first responders, and Medicare staff.
Children under 10 and seniors over 65 are considered high-risk groups and urged to stay at home, limiting their mobility even for urgent care and shopping. Since receiving medical care can be traumatic for children, especially when the providers are strangers, in this situation, telemedicine consultation assumes a significantly bigger significance. With the help of e-health services such as Online Doctors and pediatricians, we can provide their young patients with reliable healthcare at any time, anywhere.
Why you should get avail the services of Online Doctors:
- It is fast and hassle free: An online consultation could be able to solve your issue quickly. There is no requirement for you to wait in a big line to see the doctor. Such problems do not exist in the case of Online Doctors, On several online platforms, many doctors are concurrently accessible. You can select the one you prefer.
- You can consult Online Doctors from the convenience of your home. You can perform the same things inside of your home. When it is impractical to send your children outside because of bad weather, such as heavy rain or freezing temperatures, it could be useful.
- You can communicate with your Online Doctor from anywhere, whether you are away from home or overseas. Many patients who live in sub urban or rural areas may also get the best diagnosis possible through online consultation. If you frequently travel to places far away from major cities, you may find it hard to book a pediatric specialist. When your doctor is available, you can consult at any time.
- Cost of transportation is decreased because you don’t need to visit a clinic or hospital. Additionally, since you don’t have to travel, less individuals will come into contact with you.
- It also allows for safe consultation. Parents don’t have to worry about the coronavirus being contagious or running the danger of transmitting it to their young children when they consult a digital pediatrician from the comfort of their homes.
However, there are some limitations too
- No physical examination: During an online consultation or video conversation, doctors cannot physically examine their patients. Simple but crucial findings: blood pressure, respiration rate, and heart rate cannot be measured during this operation. It is frequently challenging to diagnose without these vital signs.
- In an online consultation, you cannot interact with the doctor as you would in their physical presence, and you don’t get to meet them. A competent doctor can make nuanced observations of your physical traits and external manifestations of inner health issues to form a complete diagnosis. This process lacks each of these elements. The evaluation procedure is more effective when you see a doctor in person.
- Technology dependence: Getting advice online causes you to rely on technology far too much. Sometimes, technology can make mistakes.
How to consult a doctor online:
- Online apps and Platforms: There are currently a lot of internet platforms available that offer online health consultations. Considering how profitable the industry is, numerous apps are popping up all over. It is easy to find a doctor near you. For example, if you are looking for pediatrician in Delhi, simply go to the app, type in your desired doctor specialty and click on “search” to see a list of available doctors.
- Many doctors have their own platforms, similar to their own clinics. Depending on how comfortable you are, you can use either for the consultation.
It is evident that you cannot pay cash in the form of notes as you have chosen to have an online consultation. You should possess the necessary knowledge to comprehend the various payment methods. You should be aware and only make use of trusted payment methods and safeguard your passwords and bank information against scammers or the traps that you may fall into online.
There are several situations where choosing an online consultation is never a good idea. These are what they are:
- In case of an emergency, an online consultation would not suffice and you should immediately hurry to the emergency department if you are hurt or have a condition that requires immediate treatment. Online advice may also not be very helpful to you if you suddenly go into labor and are about to give birth to a child.
- Life-threatening conditions should also be treated similarly. Seek physical help and make sure to transport the patient to the hospital if you or someone nearby is experiencing an acute attack of asthma, convulsions, or another life-threatening condition.
Go to homepage