Every core engineering stream has a definite path that helps aspirants to follow and find the right domain to choose for a career. Civil engineering is no different from this notion. A course is designed and conducted in the civil engineering colleges in Navi Mumbai where students study different subjects. They also come to know the domains they can pursue to set a career.
For civil engineering aspirants, defining these domains before choosing one is mandatory. Let us take a quick look at the types of engineering domains one can choose after studying civil engineering.
Domains of civil engineering
1. Structural engineering
In this domain, engineers will study the different aspects of structures and constructions done in the modern-day world. They must commit to the following job roles.
- Working with a team of architects and draftsmen to design and construct a project
- The projects can be skyscrapers, towers, apartments, dams, roads, etc.
- They will also participate in designing bridges and tunnels to cross communication hurdles
- Analysis of the environmental effects on the constructions beforehand
- Evaluation of the structures and understanding of how they will react during an earthquake
- Providing supervision during the construction of various structures
- Consultation with different clients of a civil engineering firm
2. Environmental engineering
The students of top engineering colleges in Maharashtra will learn what environmental engineering is and how they can become a part of this clan. They will commit to the following job roles.
- Doing environmental analysis and evaluation of certain projects to find the impact on groundwater, soil, and ecosystem
- Assessment of streams and wetlands and identifying the impacts of construction on them
- Designing plans for mitigation and contingency
- Project implementation
- Developing sustainable solutions to environmental issues
- Designing sewage, stormwater runoff and focusing on pollution issues
3. Transportation engineering
Transportation engineers follow the job roles mentioned below.
- Highway design and development
- Air transport engineering project development and construction
- Waterway transport project development
- Aerospace transportation and engineering
- Ocean and coastal transportation engineering
- Urban transport design and development
They also focus on designing highways, and freeways, improving the existing projects, redesigning intersections, evaluating stop signals, traffic impact, and making new traffic plans.
4. Water resources and wastewater engineering
In this domain, they focus on the following responsibilities.
- They study wastewater management and implement scientific principles to manage
- They design and implement the safest ways of wastewater disposal, treatment, and management
- They also plan to provide portable water to the cities, suburbs, and villages
What to choose as a career?
While studying in the top engineering colleges in Maharashtra, gather knowledge of the available domains of civil engineering. Learn the prospects of the civil engineering domains that suit you the most.
Discover what extra skills you need to develop to become a proficient civil engineer first. Find out what subjects you need to study and what software skills you need to add to your professional profile.
Focus on the type of companies you want to aim to seek employment. Get to know the civil engineering companies visiting the civil engineering colleges in Navi Mumbai for recruiting the top aspirants. Check their criteria for selecting the candidates to appear in the interviews. Start preparing right from the beginning of the third year of your curriculum.
Stay ahead of the competition by scoring impressively every semester. This is how you can remain ahead of the crowd and your application will become more prominent to the recruiters. Seek help from the college authority during placement drives if necessary.