Created a new Gmail account and want to transfer all its data to your new Gmail account? If your reply is yes, then come with us in this article, you will be introduce to easy and brief steps to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another account.
So, without making me wait and more impatient, let’s know how to transfer or say migrate emails from an old Gmail account to a new Gmail account.
How to Transfer Emails From an Old Gmail Account to a New Gmail Account?
To transfer data from one account to another, primarily we have to set up your prior account and make it ready for migration which will be possible by using POP (Post Office Protocol) settings.
- Begin with launching your preferred browser and head to the Gmail web page and perform Gmail login of your old account.
- Once you are log into your old Gmail account, hit on the gear icon.
- After that, you have to select all things, and next. Your chore is to head to the forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Now, below POP Download, you have to turn on POP for all mail.
- After that, you have to move to the When Messages are access with the POP section which is another part of the same section.
- Now, select the drop-down menu and select the desired action. Which you want to perform to the mails in your old Gmail once the new account takes cover.
Archive, delete, mark as read or copies can be left alone.
- Now, simply hit on the Save Changes and perform sign out from your prior Gmail account.
Now that your old Gmail account is prepare for transferring data to your new Gmail account. Let’s head to the steps to migrate all your data or say mails to your new Gmail account.
Next Steps to Migrate Emails from One Gmail account to a New Gmail account
As we have mentioned in the prior section. Here are the next steps you have to follow in order to Migrate emails from one Gmail account to a new Gmail account.
- Start with logging into your new Gmail account and click on the gear icon.
- After that, you have to choose to See all Settings and redirect to the Account and Import tab.
- In this step, you have to check mail from the other accounts section.
- Next, choose to Add a Mail account after that fill out your old Gmail account and click on Next.
- Once you are done with the above-mention steps. You have to choose Import emails from my other account (POP3) and click on Next.
- After that, make sure you have entered the correct username and next enter your old Gmail password.
- Now, look for the POP server, under that select pop.gmail.com and Choose Port 995.
- Make sure to uncheck leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server and while recovering mail, always prefer a secure connection (SSL).
- Now, click on Add account and you are good to go!
By applying these brief yet simple steps. You can transfer all emails from one Gmail to Another without pushing for extra or any extra hassles.
All you have to do is perform these steps in order to migrate from one Google account to Another.
We hope the steps we have cited in this well-researched and properly analysed article will surely provide your desired results and assist you in migrating all the data of your old Gmail to a new one as well as forward an email to another person.
You can also head to the EmailsDesk.com website and get acquaint with such topics.
See also – How to work it out with Gmail reminders?