Have you been hearing dripping noises from your bathroom throughout the night? Are you having issues with flushing your toilet? Or are you facing low water pressure? As a homeowner, you must deal with these issues sooner or later.
A few common plumbing issues every homeowner should be on the lookout for:
The most apparent loss of a dripping faucet is excessive wastage of water. Not only that, the water and metal do not go well together, thus, creating rust patches in the sink and other fixtures. This could lead to multiple other leaks, which might be unnoticeable until it’s too late.
Furthermore, if mixed with wood, rotting wood can also grow mould, which can cause several health issues and be detrimental to your home’s structural integrity.
Several issues that cause running toilet includes the following:
- Refill tube problems
- Worn-out flapper seals or flush valves
A running toilet is an updated, worse and wasteful version of the leaky faucet problem. A small bathroom can waste about 20-30 gallons of water, and a medium size toilet will undoubtedly waste more. Call a plumber if a few handle jiggles don’t stop the leak. Plumbing Services fix your issue.
Leaky pipes are one of the main things people think of when calling a plumber. A toiler pipe, sink pipe, or any other pipe may leak. The leaky pipes not only waste water but cause enormous damage to the building’s structure and surroundings.
Leaky pipes can be caused by all sorts of issues, such as:
- Stubborn clogs
- Incorrect pipe installment
- Pipe corrosion
- Pipe joint damage
- Cracked seals and cracked pipes
- Excessive water pressure
Low water pressure
Weak water pressure can make it challenging to use any plumbing system. Most of the low water pressure is a symptom of bigger plumbing problems, such as:
- Pipe corrosion
- Hidden water leaks in your home
- Drain or sewer clogs
- Cracked or blocked sewer lines
Slow or clogged drains
Drainage problems can cause many health issues and even plumbing disasters if ignored for a long time. In general:
- Single or clogged drain in a home is usually caused by using soap, hair, and other foreign objects in the pipes. You can perform a regular drain cleaning to prevent this issue.
- If there are multiple slow or clogged drains, then it is possible that you may have sewer line problems.
Sump Pump Failure
Sump pump failures can be related to two problems: the unit itself or an external issue. Many causes of sump pump failures include the following:
- Stuck switches
- An excessive amount of water after a heavy rainstorm
- Clogged discharge pipes
- Improper sump pump installation
- Older sump pumps, such as if a sump pump is more than 10 years old, are prone to failure.
Water Heater Problems
Hot water is a vital requirement in any household. Therefore, if the boiler is not providing instant hot water, this may be a plumbing issue. Many water heater problems take place because:
- Heating components are failed
- Corrosion or salts have been built into the system
- Loose or broken electrical connections
- Improper water heater installation
- Improper size of boiler that is insufficient to support a home’s needs and requirements.
Why do you need a plumber to solve these issues?
You need an excellent plumbing service because sometimes DIY methods do not come in handy. Therefore, their expertise is sometimes necessary.
- If you hire a plumber, you will have peace of mind that a skilled person is solving your plumbing issue. They can fix leaking pipes and clogged pipes without any hassle.
- Dealing with a broken water pipe can be overwhelming. In such a situation, you must call a professional who can provide instant services. Only a professional plumber can get the job done in no time.