The Enneagram is an archetypal structure that provides an in-depth understanding of people, groups, and groups. Comprised of three centers of Intelligence, nine major Enneagram types, and 18 wings, as well as three subtypes, as well as Triadic styles, The Enneagram provides a comprehensive guide for personal growth from a holistic viewpoint. It doesn’t enclose people but instead provides an avenue to self-discovery and more personal understanding.
The Integrative Enneagram helps us become aware of ourselves and discovers patterns of behavior that subconsciously drive and inspire us to behave in specific ways. If we become aware of these patterns and conscious motives, we can overcome them and build more enriching, supportive ways of living. Utilizing the Enneagram allows individuals to accept responsibility for their behavior and development based on understanding the reasons they behave and react in the way they do.
As a framework, the Enneagram is also a metaphor for the process of integration and development profoundly. It can reveal the individuality of each person and the path they are on. It is not just revealing the obstacles that hinder an individual. However, it also offers insight into the path to the strength and freedom that connects us to our strengths and our higher self.
The Enneagram is, therefore, a sense-making instrument or framework that facilitates the growth of meta-awareness and self-knowledge.
The advantages of using the ENNEAGRAM
In the last decade, the Enneagram has proved to be among the most effective tools available in the coaching and development setting. Applying and learning the Enneagram does not just speed up insights, growth, and integration; it also provides a long-lasting and substantial boost to the development process over time.
- It creates meta-awareness at the levels of motivation
- Improves confidence and awareness
- Allows the elimination of emotional issues
- It provides a framework for understanding the functional and dysfunctional behaviors that are rooted in core motivations
- It increases self-compassion and others.
- Finds ways to develop and integration
- The position of individual patterns and behavior within a historical and contemporary context
- Enhances productivity and increases motivation
- It creates a language and a sense-making framework that goes further than a trait-based approach based on personality
- Creates authenticity in leadership, power, and influence
- Reduces the judgment and criticism from others while fostering understanding and tolerance
- Offers a framework for making an understanding of conflicts in the team and the challenges
- It helps team members break the tendency to blame conflicts due to “personality differences.”
- Repolarizes teams and helps to break down older “fault lines” within the team
- Enhances teamwork and improves productivity
- Improves business processes
- Improves communication while also creating new language frameworks to enhance team interactions
- Reduces the behind-the-scenes politics of organizational management
- Improves the process of managing change and reduces anxiety about changes
- The ability to unleash creativity in the workplace by enhancing individual integration
- Increases productivity and improves performance
- Establishes a framework that allows more project leadership
- Develops integrity in the organization
- Allows for more powerful corporate communications
- Helps to develop talent
- Helps in facilitating changes in culture