Everyone has passion within them. All they have to do is to realize it.
Everyone has some kind of passion in them; even people who deny that they aren’t passionate about anything have some kind of passion in them. Most people live without realizing their passion and among those that know they are passionate about something; the majority does not seem to care. Forget making money out of their passion; they don’t even want to acknowledge to themselves that something can be made out of it.
Consider a young man who is exceptionally fond of playing drums. He might be very good, but unless he realizes that his talent of playing drums can make money for him, he won’t actually do it. But for that, he needs to do two things:-
- First, accept and believe that he has the talent
- Second, use that talent in marketable forms so that money might be made with it.
âSince we are going to talk about how you can unleash the potential of your passion on your moneymaking aspirations, the first thing you need is to understand where your passion lies. Once you do that, you have to make plans in order to start monetizing your passion.
Your passion could be the thing that you like to do the most. Picture this – you are in a 9 to 5 job for your daily bread and butter. But the thing that really drives you are those weekends you spend at the beach, indulging in some parasailing. Now, there is your passion! You trudge on through the whole week just to have that one day of parasailing at the end of it. That’s your passion.
This is the kind of passion you can potentially tap into. You certainly have a lot of inside knowledge through your trysts with your passion which you could tap into. You could write an eBook about it, start a website, start an online group, etc.
There are several ways in which you can earn money doing things you really want to do.
So, how much money can you make by digging into your passion?
Spend a moment to think about J. K. Rowling. Or think about Roger Ebert. Or think about Donald Trump. Or think about Paul Greengrass. These are people who are immensely rich. But what made them rich? They are rich not through things that they don’t like to do – they are rich through the things they really like to do, things that they think they exist for.
J. K. Rowling had a passion for writing ever since she could remember. She began writing when she was a kid. Despite the various difficulties in her life, she did not give up. She continued writing whenever she could. With two kids in tow, this woman conjured the biggest fiction phenomenon of our generation – Harry Potter. When she made Harry Potter, did she think she would become richer than the Queen? Not at all. She just wrote it out. She gave vent to her passion. The rest just happened.
There’s probably no cinematophile as crazy for movies as Roger Ebert is. He writes reviews for practically every movie that’s released. See how he has converted his passion for movies into his work? His movie reviews are the most highly-prized and he gets paid handsomely for watching movies and penning his keen observation about them!
Need one say anything about Donald Trump? Business is his forte, his passion. And he is unstoppable there. When he has one venture running, he invests into another. He doesn’t even have the time to stop and think about the money. He is just giving vent to his innate passion, allowing it to manifest itself in whatever way it can.
Paul Greengrass is known as one of the most upstart directors in Hollywood
today. His directorial styles have been criticized earlier, especially his penchant for using shaky camera moves, but did he bend his style to please his early detractors? No, he didn’t! And what did he come up with? The Bourne series, that’s what! And his movies have become cult. Not to forget, he’s become quite filthy rich.
Chase your passion. Don’t listen to detraction. Are you good at something, so good that you feel it coming out of your ears? Well, then go right ahead with confidence. You have it in you to make money out of it.
Some important principles that you have to base your passion-related moneymaking ventures on.
It is quite possible to make money out of your passion, but as it is with any other moneymaking opportunity, you must remember that there are some principles and ethics that you need to follow. We shall take a look at some of them here.
1. It is highly important that you respect whatever it is that you are dealing with. If your passion is coin collecting, make sure you bring about the right reverence to your activities. You cannot start blatantly criticizing and abusing this subject. Well, you could criticize, but then you have to justify what you say. Remember that you are trying to make money here. Since your target audience is going to be other people who are also passionate about this subject, you will not earn anything if you sling mud at it without reason.
2. Be knowledgeable. People who will come to you already know the basics. What they want to learn is the viewpoint of another expert in the subject. Make absolutely certain that you know all the terms well and that your facts are right.
3. Keep up with the times. Things are going to change fast, whatever your scope of interest is. Always keep on the move learning new things. It could be a great idea to use Google Alerts which can tell you what’s happening around you.