Many users reported the error code [pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b] on Microsoft Outlook. This is also known as the Microsoft Outlook Pii error code and usually means that MS Outlook is not working or functioning properly.
The error code usually comes up when they try to run the Outlook window and send an email or due to the error between the SMTP server or the port. And after investigating we find out there is a variety of different reasons that stop the outlook from running properly. So here we have listed the possible fixes that help you to resolve the Outlook error. But before heading towards those fixes it is important to understand what is causing the error.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What Causes pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b Error Code?
- Corrupted browser cache – Many times the cache stored in your browser gets corrupted and cause problem while running certain programs and application. So, clearing the unwanted cache of the browser and application may work for you.
- Outdated Outlook version – If the Outlook version you are running is outdated then this can cause incompatibility issues and malfunctioning while running, so check for the latest update available and update the MS outlook version installed on your system.
- Multiple Outlook accounts logged in – Many users confirmed that logging in as multiple Outlook email accounts on the same computer is most likely to cause the error. So, check for the account’s details log out, and log in with one account detail.
- Network glitches – The unstable, poor internet connection and most likely to cause glitches and internal issues that stop outlook from running properly. So, check for the internet speed and if it is not stable then switch to a different internet connection.
- Installed Several Email Clients – The users who had installed multiple email clients and applications on their PC as seeing the error pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b on Outlook. There are ample chances the email client installed on your system conflict with the Outlook application. Uninstall the other email clients installed on your system.
Now that you are familiar with the common culprits responsible for the Outlook error here follow the possible solutions to resolve the error completely.
Clear Cache and Cookies
As directed above the cache and the cookies stored in the browsers or the apps get corrupted and cause various issues and errors. So, removing the cache and cookies works for you to solve the error. First, try to remove the corrupted cache and cookies of your Outlook app and browser.
Clear Outlook App Corrupted Data:
- Press the “Windows + R” shortcut key from the keyboard which opens the Run Dialog Box
- In it, type in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and click on the OK button.
- It will automatically redirect you to the outlook application folder. If it doesn’t open for you, you can search for this application manually by navigating to Users, then AppData, Local, Microsoft and then Outlook.
- In this, you would be able to view the Outlook cache folder. Deleting this folder will clear all the cache of the application,
- Now try sending an email by restarting the application, if still seeing the error then head to the next solution.
For Google Chrome Browser:
- Start Chrome browser and hit the CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE key on your keyboard
- Now a window popup makes sure all the three boxes are checked, and from the dropdown menu set the Time range to All time.
- And click on the Clear Data option
For Edge Browser:
- Start the Edge browser and hit the CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE key on your keyboard.
- Now a Clear Browsing Data dialogue box appears.
- Here choose Cookies, other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Next, click the Clear button