Forklifts are one of the most versatile vehicles. From moving heavy loads in warehouses to construction sites, forklifts are widely used in several industries, including construction industry, manufacturing industry, and production facilities. Although forklifts are powerful, there are risks involved in operating any industrial machine. According to OSHA, between 35,000 to 62,000 injuries occur ever year due to forklifts. Common forklift-related accidents include: forklift rollovers, pedestrian impacts, falling loads from forklift, truck falling off a dock/trailer, crushed by forklift, mechanical failures and so on.
Manual monitoring owing to its erroneous, cumbersome and time-consuming nature is not efficient to ensure safer forklift operations. However, leveraging the power of AI and its subsidiaries like video analytics, stakeholders from the construction industry, manufacturing industry and others, can ensure safer forklift operations in the following ways:
- Operator’s Distraction Detection: The dynamic AI monitoring system can detect improper behaviour of the operator like inattentiveness while operating and instantly send out alerts so that operators can regain attention, thus enabling risk anticipation & management. These kinds of practices assist in managing workplace safety through software and AI monitoring system.
- Driving Speed & Turn Frequency Monitoring: Through video analytics for forklift safety, the driving speed & turn frequency of the forklifts can be detected and overspeed forklifts can be alerted to prevent incidents like forklift rollovers. These are some specifically designed safety tools that assist you to manage construction site safety and related practices.
- Human-Machine Collision Detection: Using video analytics for workplace safety, instances of workers working/standing too close to operating forklift (or other) can be detected and alerted to prevent collision-accidents in the jobsites. In the context of site safety and accident reduction practices, the role of such aspects is essential.
- Overload Detection: The workplace safety software can also detect when forklifts are overloaded and alert the on-site and remote stakeholders immediately so that rightful decision can be taken before it is too late. viAct AI ensures the appropriate management of such software considering the need of construction sites.
- Object Falling Alert: The AI-enabled CCTV cameras can also detect instances of object/article falling from the forklift to ensure that greater safety of men & materials in the jobsite. At workplace, these kinds of accidents are normal and it requires proper management of working and detection so that such cases can be minimized easily. AI-enabled CCTV cameras by viAct AI can ensure to reduce the risk of workplace accidents.
Thus, above mentioned are different ways how AI & video analytics can help stakeholders from different industries to ensure safer forklift operations, in turn locking holistic safety in the workplaces. It is required the proper use of such tools and software to reduce the risk of workplace accidents at construction sites.
How viAct can help in ensuring safer forklift operations?
viAct is one of the best AI monitoring solution, that has been offering several AI solutions to the construction industry, oil & gas industry & manufacturing industry. It has been leveraging the power of AI video analytics for workplace safety with the aim to offer solutions to the multifarious safety and productivity challenges faced by the construction industry, oil & gas industry & manufacturing industry since long. It has leveraged the power of its scenario-based AI video analytics to offer various construction fleet management solutions that can not only ensure safe forklift operations but also cater to several other fleet management issues like fleet productivity management, fuel consumption monitoring and so on. Not only this, it has within its ambit other safety and productivity solutions like PPE detection solution, confined space work safety monitoring, video analytics intrusion detection, work-at-height safety, workers’/machinery productivity tracking, to name a few.