Nearly 170 years after extracting lecithin from egg yolk, and finds use in medication and other purposes. Its market size is continuously overgrowing from 1.65 billion USD in 2017 to across 530-kilo tons in 2024. Being an essential fat for the body cells is found in many foods like soya beans and egg yolks. It is now available in two GMO and non-GMO, which are genetically modified organisms containing lecithin. Only experienced and innovative manufacturers provide excellent lecithin plants to offer high-quality lecithin for its many health benefits.
Health benefits of lecithin
Apart from taking lecithin as a health supplement, it finds use to manufacture many medicines. There are many medical benefits of lecithin that include:
- Treating memory disorders diseases like Dementia and Alzheimers
- Lowering cholesterol & improving heart health
- Treating certain types of depression & anxiety
- Helping breastfeeding mothers with many benefits
- Improves digestion & treats gallbladder and liver diseases
- Is a good skin moisturizer to treat skin diseases like eczema
- Finds use as ingredients in eye medicines to keep the medication in contact with eye’s cornea
Lecithin extraction process
Lecithin contains a wide range of emulsifiers, stabilizers, and release agents that are naturally extracted from soybean. The extraction process includes dehydrating wet gums obtained from soybean oil degumming plants by a vacuum distillation system to get lecithin. Many operations get pure GMO lecithin through bleaching, dehydration, extraction, purification, and drying.
Characteristics of the right lecithin plant
- Only excellent manufacturing companies will provide lecithin plant to get high-quality lecithin, and they have the following among other characteristics
- Have enough experience and expertise to manufacture and develop efficient lecithin plants to dehydrate wet soybean gums
- Have a unique plant design to facilitate smooth drying process of the feed not to let any burn
- Manufacture lecithin plant that needs less of maintenance and cleaning
- Have the ability for continuous operation, high production flow rate, less consumption of energy, and low oil residue
- Apply innovative technology-based solvent extraction process
Canola oil extraction plant processes
Originally used as a lubricant for ships and steam engines, canola oil came to existence from 1978 in Canada and hence the name Canola oil or Canadian oil. Now is considered one of the best oils for heart health with less saturated fat to cut cholesterol levels. It is because of its higher content of ALA or alpha-linolenic acid than any other oil. The global canola oil market increases rapidly from the production of 31.7 million tons in 2018 to 44.4 million tons in 2024. It is extracted from rapeseed with low erucic acids and a relatively short amount of saturated fat and mono-saturated fat with an approximate ratio of 2:1 mono to polyunsaturated fats. The following are the steps for the canola oil extraction plant.
- Pretreatment of rapeseed to remove metals and impurities in it
- Expeller processing to extract oil from the cleaned rapeseed
- Refining the oil to remove all impurities like crude oils, FFA or free fatty acid, phospholipids or gums, oxidized products, metal ions, and color pigments and to preserve vital vitamins and essential fats
Mectech is one of the world’s best manufacturers of lecithin plants and canola oil extraction plant.