When it comes to dental care, there is no one size fits all solution. Your family dentist in Medicine Hat can provide you with a variety of dental treatments that are designed to meet the unique needs of you and your family. Here are just a few of the many dental treatments a family dentist can provide you:
- Dental exams and cleanings: Professional dental cleanings and exams are important for maintaining good oral health. Your family dentist can remove any built-up plaque and tartar from your teeth and check for any signs of cavities or other problems.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride is a mineral that helps to strengthen tooth enamel and prevent cavities. Your family dentist can apply fluoride to your teeth in the form of a gel, varnish, or foam.
- Sealants: Sealants are thin, plastic coatings that are applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. Sealants can help to prevent cavities by keeping food and bacteria from getting into the tiny crevices of the teeth.
- Dental fillings: If you have a cavity, your family dentist will remove the decayed tooth material and then fill the cavity with a dental filling. Dental fillings can be made from a variety of materials, including gold, silver amalgam, and composite resin.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a custom-made, tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a damaged or decayed tooth. Crowns can help to restore the function and appearance of a damaged tooth.
- Bridges: A dental bridge is a fixed dental restoration that replaces one or more missing teeth. Bridges are usually made from porcelain or ceramic and are held in place by dental crowns that are placed on the teeth adjacent to the gap.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable dental appliances that can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dentures are usually made from acrylic or porcelain and can be supported by natural teeth, dental implants, or a combination of both.
- Orthodontic treatment: Orthodontic treatment is a type of dental treatment that is used to correct the alignment of the teeth and jaws. Orthodontic treatment can be used to treat a variety of dental problems, including overcrowding, spacing, and bite problems.
- Dental Implants: If you have lost one or more teeth, your family dentist can help you to replace them. Dental implants are artificial teeth that are surgically implanted into the jawbone. Once the implants have healed, they will provide support for artificial teeth, known as crowns. They can help to improve the function and appearance of your smile.
- Root Canals: A root canal is a dental procedure that is used to treat an infection that has reached the pulp of a tooth. The pulp is the tissue that contains the tooth’s nerves and blood vessels. If the pulp becomes infected, it can cause pain, swelling, and sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Extractions: In some cases, a tooth may be too damaged to be saved. When this happens, the tooth will need to be extracted. An extraction is a simple procedure that is typically quick and painless.
The Bottom Line
Dental treatments are an important part of maintaining good oral health. By visiting your family dentist for regular cleanings and checkups, you can help to prevent dental problems before they start. If you do develop a problem, your dentist can provide you with the treatment you need to restore your smile. If you have any questions about the dental treatments that are right for you, please schedule an appointment at the best dental clinic in Medicine Hat.