When choosing kitchen countertops Egg Harbor Township NJ and bathroom countertops, there are many options to choose from. Each material has its pros and cons.
This has been viewed as the superior kitchen and bathroom countertops Egg Harbor Township NJ for some time if cost is not an issue. It is a countertop that defines luxury. It comes in a variety of veining and color.
- Pros—resistant to heat, durable and strong, and adds value to the home.
- Cons—cannot install it yourself, there may be imperfections in the slabs, if not installed correctly or stressed, it can crack, and due to its porous surface, it has to be sealed to avoid being stained.
No two pieces are alike, so this gives your countertops a one-of-a-kind look.
- Pros—waterproof, heatproof, and increases the value of your home.
- Cons—it is expensive, the slab is porous and can stain easily, repairs are difficult, has to be professionally installed, and it scratches easily.
This is a natural stone that is dark gray with a smooth, silky feel. It is a great alternative to granite for bathroom and kitchen countertops Egg Harbor Township NJ. It adds an antique look to a modern space.
- Pros—relatively resistant to stain, heat resistant, and can sand out any damage.
- Cons—over time it can change colors, has to be professionally installed, the surface can dent and scratch, and requires mineral oil treatments.
Butcher block or wood
They give your home a natural look and are generally used in the kitchen. They come in a wide choice of finishes and colors. The most common choice is oak and maple wood countertops.
- Pros—easy to clean, to refresh, they are easy to sand and reseal, when taken care of, they last for a long time, and add a rustic charm to the room.
- Cons—can be expensive, not completely stain-proof or water-proof, can be cut or scratched by knives, if not maintained, can crack or have bacteria issues, and requires frequent sealing and oiling.
This is an engineered stone that contains other minerals and quartz particles. It comes in a variety of colors for your kitchen and bathroom countertops Egg Harbor Township NJ. It has a natural look
- Pros—it is possible to install it yourself, easy to maintain, slabs are uniform without imperfections, do not require sealing, resistant to heat, acid, and stains.
- Cons—very heavy and it is expensive.
This countertop will give the room a contemporary, industrial look.
- Pros—cannot be damaged by heat, highly durable, easy to maintain and clean, and adds value to your home.
- Cons—easily scratched, noisy when putting things on the countertop, and expensive to fabricate.
These are just some of the options you have for your bathroom and kitchen countertops. Other choices include laminate, concrete, and ceramic tiles. Each one has its pros and cons. Take time to look at each one before making your final decision. The most expensive is not always the right choice.