Black cardamom pods (Kali Elaichi) are packed with health benefits. In addition to enhancing digestion, dental health, and immunity, it is also very rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
In Indian cuisine, black cardamom is a major ingredient. Known for its aromatic nature and high flavour, it plays a pivotal role in many famous recipes. It is also known as moti elaichi and has many uses in cooking as well as in skin and hair care products.
In addition to having many health advantages, whole cardamom pods (Kali Elaichi) are brimming with pleasant fragrances. It can help reduce mental and emotional stress in addition to boosting hunger and treating migraines. They are incredibly beneficial for your health, skin, and hair. So eating black cardamom can be quite beneficial for your overall health.
Black Cardamom Vs Green Cardamom
In addition to black cardamom pods, the Elettaria cardamomum plant also produces green cardamom pods. Unlike black cardamom, which is collected much later and dried over a fire, green cardamom is harvested extremely early, before the plant grows.
Furthermore, when preparing a recipe, black and green cardamom pods should never be combined since their flavours are so distinct.
List of the health advantages of black cardamom pods
To Promote Digestive Health
Taking black cardamom benefits in the treatment of a number of digestive issues as well as the prevention of stomach ulcers. It also continues to maintain correct management of the stomach’s acids. It also improves appetite and promotes cardiovascular health. Furthermore, it prevents problems with gas and bloating.
The powerful aroma can play a key role in healing foul breath issues. Additionally, it can help in the recovery of gum and tooth infections.
People with asthma, congestion, or other respiratory issues may find tremendous relief by using black cardamom pods. Because it restores the natural flow of mucus through the respiratory system, it can help with symptoms and prevent you from getting a cold, throat infection, or cough.
Consuming cardamom pods whole foods regularly promotes heart health. Moreover, it helps us manage our blood pressure and reduces the risk of blood clots. In the summer, the spice serves as a protection by minimizing heat exhaustion in humans.
Good for your skin
Black cardamom has a wealth of antibacterial and antioxidant properties. Additionally, it contains a lot of vitamin C, which supports blood circulation and keeps our system free of pollutants.
Due to its anti-oxidative and antiseptic qualities, which are abundant, it contributes to combating scalp infections and gives hair the right amount of nutrients it needs.
Black Cardamom Powder Uses
- Black cardamom, also known as huge cardamom, is one of those fragrant spices that offers a variety of potential benefits to skin, hair, and general health. It is widely considered to as the “queen of spices.”
- If you notice a breath smell or have gum disease, chew one cardamom seed. When chewed, its antibacterial activity is produced in the form of a spice oil, easing swollen gums and cavities.
- The best way to enjoy black cardamom is through a prolonged, slow cooking procedure, as in this situation, the flavor of the black cardamom blends perfectly with all the other spices.
- The flavours of other foods and spices are enhanced when cardamom is crushed and added to a meal.
- The taste buds are aroused by the black cardamom’s powerful, smokey smell.
- To enhance the flavour of rice pudding, payasam, ginger-fig chutney, and other South Indian dishes, add black cardamom pods.
- The greatest way to impart the flavour of black cardamom to any meal is to add biryani masala. All the spices, including black cardamom, are crushed and roasted to prepare it, which flawlessly balances all the tastes. Additionally, black cardamom gives gravies a smoky, potent flavour.
Indian spice known as black cardamom has smoky undertones and resin and menthol flavours. Male sexual health, improved skin quality, lowered blood pressure, normalized scalp infections, and lustrous hair are all positives benefits of black cardamom. Also, it gives respiratory relief and promotes shiny and thick hair. However, make careful you get black cardamom in full pods rather than seeds or a powdered form. Before consuming, please visit a physician.
Where to buy cardamom pods?
Although powdered cardamom will be simpler to get if you are ready to acquire black cardamom, be sure you buy the whole cardamom pods. Why is that so? Once the peel of this spice is removed, the seed starts to lose its flavour and power.
However, entire pods, which have an inch in length, are solid, plump, and dry and cost less than powdered cardamom. After purchasing them, make sure to keep them out of the heat and direct sunlight in a container that is firmly sealed. So, you can buy the best quality cardamom pods from spice train.
Are Green or black cardamom pods Better?
Since green cardamom is harvested before the plant reaches full bloom and is not cured over an open flame like black cardamom, it lacks the differentiated smokiness of black cardamom. Comparatively speaking, black cardamom has a stronger flavour than green cardamom, which is milder. Although it is impossible to determine which is superior, black cardamom undoubtedly tastes fantastic when added to a recipe and taken out right before serving.