You can use the browser to log into your wifi-range extender with the aid of Ap.setup. Make sure your internet router is operational after you’ve unboxed your device before we begin the ap.setup login. Try typing 192.168.10.1 in the address bar if this URL doesn’t work for you; this will also send you to the setup page. Now let’s start the setup.
Ap.setup via web browser
- You can plug up your extender closer to the router in the same room or up to 10 feet distant.
- Now join your PC or phone to the WiFi extender network.
- It displays “Wireless-N” for 2.4GHz and “Wireless-AC” for 5GHz.
- Connect to one of these networks that appears in your WiFi list by going to your WiFi list.
- As soon as you launch the browser after becoming connected, the ap setup wizard appears automatically.
- If the setup wizard doesn’t appear, open a browser and enter ap.setup or 192.168.10.1 in the address bar at the top of the page. You are directed to the login page for extenders.
- Click the choice for the repeater arrangement you prefer on the setup screen. Consider selecting “extender” or “access point” depending on your requirements.
- Once the online configuration is complete, you can unplug it and put it where you require internet access.
Note:- If you need any help regarding your wifi extender setup so contact our technician or visit the official website that is wavlink ac1200 wifi extender setup.
Ap.setup with using wps button
- The extender must be placed in the same room as the router for this setup; otherwise, it may take longer than intended to configure or the extension may not connect to the router at all.
- Afterward, find the WPS button on the repeater, push it, and hold it for around 2 seconds. A flashing light will then appear on the button.
- If your router has a WPS button, press it. If your router’s WPS is disabled, log into your router. Go to the wifi settings, then to WPS, and turn on WPS there.
- Both the extender’s and the router’s WPS lights will briefly flash for 10 to 15 seconds.
- The internet and WPS lights on the repeater turn solid after successful setup, and the WPS light on the router stops blinking.
- Use ap.setup to setup your router if it doesn’t support WPS.
Wavlink ac1200 wifi extender setup via ap.setup
Utilising ap.setup, we can configure the wavlink extender by following the instructions below. Wavlink offers a variety of models that may be configured using a browser. ARIEAL G AC1200, AC1200 WL-WN579X3, AC600, AC1200, Wavlink AC2100, and AC1200 are a few examples of popular models. Let’s begin the procedure.
- Connect your device to the outlet closest to your router first, then wait for the power LED to stabilize. We can begin the configuration when the gadget is stable.
- Now switch the repeater’s switch to the “repeater mode.”
- Grab a laptop, phone, or other device and head to the WiFi list. There, the network name is listed as “wireless-AC,” “wireless-N,” or plain “Wavlink Extender.” As it is an open network, you can connect to it without first needing a password.
- Now open any modern browser, such as Google, Safari, or Firefox, and type ap.setup or wifi.wavlink.com into the address bar or URL. You can attempt these setup urls depending on the model number of your wavlink repeater. In the event that these fail, enter 192.168.10.1 to access the wavlink extender setup page.
- When you reach the login screen after being sent there, enter “admin” or your username and password. It needs to be written in lower case.
- You must choose the network you wish to extend, enter its password, then click the next button on the setup interface.
- The expanded network will appear in the WiFi list as (SSID EXT) after your device restarts as a result of following the on-screen instructions. The WiFi password for your router will serve as the password for this network.