What is the FSSAI?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the apex regulatory body for food safety and standards in India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of India to promote food safety and food security. The FSSAI is also responsible for regulating the manufacture, import, export, distribution and labeling of all food products in India.
The FSSAI license online application has several offices across the country to ensure that all standards are met by the various industries operating under it. These offices include regional offices, field headquarters and central laboratories with which it conducts regular inspections on a continuous basis.
In order to ensure compliance with these regulations, the FSSAI has made it mandatory for all industries involved in producing. Or processing any type of food product to obtain a license from them before commencing operations. In addition to this, as per Indian laws, only those companies who are registered with the FSSAI can sell their products without having to seek approval from them first.
How to Apply for a FSSAI License Online?
Steps to fssai license online application:
1. Go to the website of FSSAI, www.fssai.gov.in, and click on the Apply Now button.
2. You will get a new window with a registration form to fill out your personal details like name, address, email ID and mobile number etc., as well as your CV and experience details about yourself.
3. After filling the form, click on Continue button and you will be directed to an application page. Where you have to upload scanned copies of your documents required for registration in FSSAI like passport size photograph. Certificate/documentation regarding apprenticeship training received from an agency approved by FSSAI. And proof of minimum 10 years working experience such as copy of identity card or passport copy with photograph (if pasted) along with one passport size photograph which can be either color or black & white according to preference of applicant).
4. After uploading all required documents in the application form. Click on Submit button at the bottom left corner of the screen so that your application is submitted successfully. And you are redirected back to the previous login page where you will be able to see your fssai license online application status.
What are the Requirements for an FSSAI License?
The License of FSSAI is the governing body for all food, drug, and cosmetic products sold in India. It has a tie-up with various agencies, including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the USA and the European Union, to ensure that all imported food and drugs are safe.
Process of FSSAI license online application can be made online by filling in a form available on the FSSAI website. The following requirements have to be fulfilled:
1. You must be above 18 years of age.
2. You must have a valid email ID and mobile phone number registered with your name and address details.
3. You must have an online banking or debit card linked with your account for making payment for fees for the application process.
4. You need proof of identity and address proof such as PAN card or voter’s ID card (for Indian citizens).
5. You need an aircraft pilot’s license issued by DGCA or other country’s equivalent department. Which is valid for one year from the date of issue in India